Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gettin' Christmasy

I'm finally feeling pretty ready for Christmas, minus ALL of the wrapping that hasn't been done yet! The cards were mailed this week, the lights went up on the house, Christmas cookies were handed out and all the gifts have been purchased! This is a pretty big accomplishment for a procrastinator like me ;)

We decorated sugar cookies on Thursday with my brother & Danielle. Norah was very into it (as I knew she would be) and Nolan decorated a few but was mostly participating so he could sneak frosting and sprinkles. I'm pretty sure we had to separate out his cookies due to contamination from licking!

Today Casey and I are off to White Pass to do some skiing!!!!! I am super stoked to try out my new skis and gear I got this year for my birthday. The kids are with my dad all day ( thank you Dad) and they are planning to make snowflakes to send to Sandy Hook Elementary where the tragedy took place last week. The kids are on winter break through the first week in January and I am so happy to have them home and all to myself!

The next few days are gonna be a good kind of busy! Watching the hawks game with friends, going to my sis & bro in-laws for Christmas Eve church service and an early dinner is set for Christmas Day with my fam before I head to work for the night.

With all if that being said and all the fun and exciting stuff going on I'm still feeling like something is off/missing this season! That something ( actually those people) would be our best friends! The kids are missing their buddies and ask about them daily and ask when we can visit! I'm asking the same thing, when can we visit?? And I just plain, flat out miss my bestie!!! I really hope a trip to HI will be in our family's not too distant future!!



1 comment:

tiffany jeanne said...

We miss you too, my dear. A lot. I miss everything about home this time of year. Hawaii is fun but isn't 'home' AT ALL yet. I have island fever right now and HATE HATE HATE how long everything takes...mail, traffic, driving 8 miles to Costco...it's all been such a big adjustment and some days I just don't adjust at all. But the biggest thing we left behind is our peeps...you being some of the main peeps! Miss you everyday and wish that we could sit outside in the warm air and drink a few bottles of wine. (I'm not even going to say 'glasses' because lets face it, we can put some wine away!)

xoxoxo