Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas recap....


First off I just have to say this was by far the best Christmas I've had in a long time, and I'm sad to see it come and go so fast! It was such a special time for the kids and I loved all the time we got to spend together as a family!

Christmas eve the kids and I visited Casey's grandma and took her a little Christmas angel! She's getting pretty old and is pretty sick, but her eyes had a little sparkle in them while she visited with the kids. When Casey got home we went for a early dinner at one of our favorite local places, the Powerhouse. The food was yummy and we had almost the whole place to ourselves (good because the kids tend to be a bit loud these days). Then we drove around and looked at lights, came home opened up a few select gifts and tucked the kids into bed in their new Christmas jammies. After they were in bed I heard Norah telling Nolan to be quite and go to sleep or Santa won't come! SO CUTE!

To say that Christmas day flew by is an understatement, I got home from work around 7:30 and everyone was still asleep, but only for a couple more minutes. I quickly put cinnamon rolls in the oven to bake and got Casey up. My sister then joined us and the kids were now stirring! We enjoyed each other and our gifts! Casey and I had mimosa's and we all enjoyed gooey, warm cinnamon rolls. The kids and I napped and then we headed to my Dad's for dinner. It was fabulous as always and we had a lot of fun watching the kids play and open more gifts.

After a good nights sleep we drove down to Casey's parents to spend some time with them. We arrived to a tree full of presents for the kids and Christmas cookies waiting on the table. We had a yummy dinner and relaxing night. Sunday was spent relaxing and enjoying the company. We headed back Sunday night minus one member of the family. Norah stayed with Casey's parents and cousins, and isn't due home until Thursday. I can admit their were a few tears shed when driving away from the house, and they weren't Norah's they were mine. She's never stayed anywhere by herself for that long. I hope it goes well, but I already miss her and won't be sad if she want's to come home early.

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

So happy you had a merry Christmas! Very cute collage...and awesome update on your holiday!

We are looking forward, also, to ringing in the New Year with you and your family!

Erin Leigh said...

sweet post! Glad you had a great Christmas... I got a little teary too reading that you will be away from Norah... But I'm sure she'll have a blast!
Ashton and Nolan had matching Christmas Jammies :)