Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sleep.....


Who needs sleep anyways.....not me apparently. Cannot wait for this work stretch to be over, and the sad thing is it just started. After being up for 24 hours one would think exhaustion would set in and I would be off to a fabulous dream land....wrong! After a mere 5.5 hours of sleep I was up and awake, tried to go back to sleep and remembered I was going to marinate a some steak for Casey to BBQ later. So I though I'll get up real quick, make the marinade and head back to bed for a couple more hours. Well, that didn't happen! After searching the black hole that is my kitchen for all the parts to the food processor(unsuccessfully), finally getting the marinade done, and the steak back in the fridge there was no turning back, sad :-(

So I cleaned up, and am now enjoying some coffee and I am just hearing the first little sweet sounds of my kids waking up from their nap (at least they can sleep good). Casey is mowing the back yard and I can smell fresh cut grass, and the sun is shining and as soon as he's done me and the kids will go play outside for a bit. So not sleeping so hot isn't so bad after all, just look at all the things I am getting done ;-)

3 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

so sorry you were unable to sleep today :/

that's never fun. Try and get good rest today and don't forget! Moclips in 5 days!!! wahoo!

Erin Leigh said...

Beth...you're always so positive :) Hope you've been able to rest!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. I'm glad it turned out so well, but I'm still sorry that you didn't get a long sleep.