Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Yesterday we enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing day with our family! We had a great time just the 4 of us for most of the morning. The kids got up and were pleasantly surprised to see what the Easter bunny had left for them. They were also excited to find the Easter eggs the bunny had hidden. Casey had been on a short backpacking trip the day before and his tent was set up in the living room to dry out, so the bunny got creative and hid eggs in the tent. Norah got a real kick out of that. Next, Nolan enjoyed his first Cadbury egg, he loved it but was kind of perplexed by the filling. Then we had a yummy baked omelet brunch and the kids played in the bath. During nap time me and Casey got the house cleaned up and waited for my dad, brother, sister and her bf Brandon to come over for dinner. Once everyone one was here we ate way too much yummy food, had an outdoor egg hunt and then had some delicious desserts. Sarah brought strawberry shortcake, I made my first carrot cake from scratch and the kids had little personal Easter egg cakes that I made them. Once everyone was gone and the kids were in bed I enjoyed a nice glass of wine and we watched the series Life on the Discovery channel, that show is amazing! I ended the day feeling incredibly blessed for all that I have!

*click to enlarge*

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

i love that we were blogging at the same time today :) and I tagged you in some photos on fb too.

glad you had a nice easter and just so you know, i love your little family! thanks for being such great friends to us!

Mariah Neighbors said...

Holy cow- Nolan is such a little "Martin"!!! And I am so impressed with all your baking and creativity, especially given all the crazy hours you work. You are a wonderful mom. It was fun to run into you today, too. Hope to be able to see you on Sunday! And if Sarah comes in your place tell her Les will be so excited to she her! (and me, too!)