Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Very Proud of My Little Sis!

Dr. Sarah Martin :)
Norah and her Auntie Sarah after the "hooding" ceremony on graduation morning.

On Saturday we had a graduation party for my little sis and her bf Brandon. They are both graduates of UPS, from the DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) program! Great job both of you! Saturday was fun, laid back, and we had perfect weather for our backyard BBQ. Family and close friends joined us in helping celebrate their accomplishments.

Most of Sunday was spent on the beautiful campus of UPS. First we had a family brunch provided by the PT program graduates. Then we attended the "hooding" ceremony for the DPT class. It was really cool, each graduate had prepared a statement that was read while they were being hooded. It was a nice personal touch! Next we had a short break before the University graduation took place. Casey's mom came and picked up Norah, she did great in the morning but I knew we were in for a long afternoon with the presentation of diplomas to 700 + graduates. During our little break Casey and I went in search of coffee, I trekked about a mile in high heels on concrete for an iced vanilla latte, but it was worth it. The graduation ceremony was long, but I am so glad to have been there in support of my sister, she is amazing and I am beyond proud of her! She is going to be a fantastic physical therapist and I can't wait to see her grow into her new role. Love ya sis, way to go!!!

3 comments:

Mariah Neighbors said...

Holy cow, I can't believe my little cousin is a doctor! I am so impressed, I can't even express it! Tell her that I love her and that I'm proud of her! :)

Erin Leigh said...

Congratulations Dr. Sarah Martin!

tiffany jeanne said...

Such great pictures and memories! That's so awesome for Sarah and her bf...tell her congrats for us!