Thursday, May 6, 2010

These 2 make me smile.....

.... a lot!!!

I've been having a great day with my kiddos and just had to share it! I seriously love my days off with them. We had a nice relaxing morning including a long bath for them, a much needed hair cut for Nolan and 3 pee-pee's in the potty for him too! Then we headed to the gym so mommy could get in a bike workout(I'm training for my 2nd triathlon) and it was a bike day on the schedule. So I had a great workout and picked the kids up from the nursery and headed for a quick trip to the grocery store. While there the kids got a treat, they had chocolate frappuccinos (minus the coffee, of course) from Starbucks! While we were shopping Norah said to me out of the blue that she was in love with a little boy from the gym and she was going to marry him. I asked her what little boy and she said the one in the superman costume(he was leaving at the same time as them) so I got a peak at her crush. I asked her if she told him and she said "no mom, it's a secret and only my friends can know!" Oh how cute she considers me her friend! I had a big smile on my face the rest of the shopping trip! We went home, had some backyard playtime, ate lunch and they went down for their naps. So that's been my day up until now, nothing special just time spent with my loves! I feel so blessed to have these 2 great kids, and it's so much fun seeing them grow, I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Kimberly and Brandon said...

I think its fabulous she tells you 'secret' things that she only wants friends to know. It will be nice as she grows up! Cute pic of Nolan and Norah smiling! Cutie pies. Glad you are enjoying your few days off. I will see you Sunday. I am taking Sat off to celebrate my sister's birthday with a little birthday dinner!

tiffany jeanne said...

love this post...it's always so easy to see how much you love those two darling little ones. I have been having a great week off with my littles, too. It's so hard to leave on the weekends when we have been enjoying each other so very much!

hope you have a great evening and I'll see you tomorrow.

Erin Leigh said...

I LOVE this post Beth... I teared up a little when she said that only her friends can know cause I was thinking the exact same thing you had posted right after that... She considers you a friend... that is so darn SPOECIAL. I look forward to the day and pray that Caitlyn tells me about her daycare crush!

Erin Leigh said...

apparently I can't type or spell! ;-)