Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Alone

I'm home alone all weekend! It's a very strange thing, and I'm really not used to it. Last night Casey packed up the kiddos and took them down to his parents house for the weekend. The little town where they live has some kind of festival with a parade and other activites that will be fun for the kids and he will get to spend Father's Day with his dad so it worked out nice! Last night after they left I finished all of Norah's b-day invitations, had some wine and made cookies to take to my dads on Father's Day. I stayed up late on purpose hoping to sleep in today(I work tonight), but even after staying up till 2 am the best I could do was 9:15 :(
Today I think I will keep myself busy with a trip to the farmers market, maybe a trim(my hair is in desperate need of one) and Fathers Day shopping :) Maybe I can even take a nap this afternoon before work. Being a wife and a mommy sometimes I feel like I never have any time to myself, which for the most part is true! Now that I do, I don't even know what to do with myself :) I miss them already, silly I know but I do. I'm just hoping that they get home tomorrow evening before I have to go to work, so I can spend a little time with them.

2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Enjoy your alone time... I nkow that it doesn't come often. I rememebr the first night I had alone after Caitlyn and I also didn't know what to do with myself... just enjoy it and try to relax :)

tiffany jeanne said...

I'll admit it. I'm a little jealous of you. But I know if I were in your shoes, I too would miss them terribly! Think of the glorious sleep you're going to get tomorrow after work, though.

PS. I'm REALLY on the fence about this whole night shift thing. Really. I am. Yikes!