Saturday, June 6, 2009

Very cool !


South Hill, Puyallup (where we live) now has it's very own farmer's market! YAY! Downtown Puyallup has had one for quite a while and we really enjoy it. But, it's become very popular and is rather crowded especially when trying to navigate through it with a stroller and a preschooler. So last Saturday the South Hill one opened and today me and the kids decided to go check it out. It was very cool, small but worth checking out. I got some yummy fresh asparagus, salad greens and giant garlic. The kids got some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I got some fresh baked honey wheat bread. Norah got to do some painting at one booth, and they even gave her some coffee seeds to take home and sprout. We will bring them back to the booth and plant them once they sprout.

Some of the fresh flowers you can buy there!

Norah painting

The painting being created by many kids

Nolan happy while playing with a drum :)

2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

North Tacoma just starteed a small one last year too and it jsut reopened last tuesday. i like it cause it's less busy than the one in downtown. looks like you guys had fun and got some yummy food!

Erin Leigh said...

Beth... I don't know how I missed that last pic on your previous post. I saw it on Casey's facebook and it's amazing... will you tell him for me!