Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stressfull.....

2 doctors appointments, 2 rowdy, hyper kids, 2 hours, waiting rooms, vision and hearing screens, autism questionnaires, 1 finger and 1 toe poke, Nolan ripping off his bandage and bleeding all over the floor, waiting, a total of 7 immunizations, Norah pushing the nurse trying to give her shots, Nolan digging through all the drawers of the exam table, 2 crying & screaming kids, and to end the visit trying to get Norah to pee in a plastic cup!

And these were both well child visits. So much for scheduling the appointments at the same time for "convenience," I WILL NOT be doing that again! By the time we were home both kids were happy after a quick trip to McDonald's for ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. I have 2 healthy kids so I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but wow what a morning. Here are the kids stats for 4 years and 18 months.

Norah = 34 lbs, just under the 50% and 42 in. 75%
Nolan = 28 lbs 75%, and 35 in. >100%(off the chart)!

4 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Oh my gosh, that stressed me out just reading it! Glad you all made it home in one piece and that everyone's now happy and healthy! :)

tiffany jeanne said...

Someone suggested that I make the kid's appointment at the same time...It would have been Avery's 18 mos and Jackson's 4 mos... but I didn't because I was worried about all that. So glad you were able to diffuse the situation with cookies and icecream! So glad the kids are happy and healthy, and that little Norah better watch out because Nolan is catching up quick!

Good luck with your triathalon this weekend. Let me know how it goes....I won't be at work (except maybe Sunday night) cuz I took vacation AND my boob is 'acting up'......

xoxo

Erin Leigh said...

Crap... Caitlyn and Ashton both have an apt on Aug 10th at 9:30... and both are due for vaccinations!!!

Beth said...

Hope it goes better for you Erin :)