Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run

Waiting for the start of the Triathlon, I'm wearing a purple swim cap

The start of my swimming wave

Transition area from swim to bike

Beginning of ride

Headed back

Crossing the finish line, such an AMAZING feeling!

Me and my bike, after the race.

Last Sunday I participated in my very first triathlon! It was the Benaroya Research Institute Seafair Triathlon, and it was so much fun. There were around 2000 participants, including an elite group all the way down to some pretty young kids. It was a sprint distance triathlon that consisted of a 1/2 mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride and a 5k run(just over 3 mi). It was a beautiful course, the swim took place in Lake Washington, the bike ride followed the lake and crossed the I-90 bridge and the run finished around Seward park with great views of the lake and Mt. Rainier. I finished in 1 hr and 35 min, not to shabby for my first one, the fasted time was 58 min by a 27 yo male, pretty impressive! It was so much fun and I felt so accomplished at the end. I am debating on whether or not to do another one this season or wait until next year, we'll see.

Casey was great that morning we both got up at 4:45 and made it to the race around 6:15. He took all these pictures of me, which was a workout in itself. His mom stayed at home with the kids and brought them up after the race. Norah loved it and says she wants to do one too! My favorite quote of hers that morning "I bet I could win the whole thing" she's so cute and has a little competitive streak in her, I bet she could win the whole thing :-)

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Congrats Beth! You look great in all the pictures!

katy said...

You are amazing! Nice work! I'm a little envious. Congrats!