Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy birthday Sis, and more....

My baby sister turned 24 yesterday, and I just can't believe it! She has grown into quite an incredible young woman. She is a great auntie to our kids, a great sister and a really good friend. She is finishing up (1 1\2 more years) of graduate school at UPS to become a physical therapist and I am so proud of her. Anyway on Sunday Casey went and picked her up and my family came over and we had a yummy dinner and dessert to celebrate, luckily I was able to get the first 4 hours of my shift off at work so I could enjoy it too. We all had a good time, it's always nice to be able to get together with family for a relaxing dinner.

I have been working the past 3 nights and am now off for 6 days, yay! This week was a big week for Nolan he had his first swimming lesson at the YMCA and he loved it! Norah started swimming lessons around the same age and she has become my little fish. We will take him twice I week and I look forward to every minute of it (OK I'm lying, I don't enjoy the 30 some minutes in my bathing suit. But I'm working on that). Norah had her first preschool field trip today so I stayed up after work to take her, it was really fun. Her class went to a pumpkin patch, this is her third trip since Friday, but she still seemed to have just as much fun.

Coming up this week.....
Thursday I help out in Norah's class at preschool, which is always a really entertaining adventure. 3 year old are a riot! Saturday is our good friends Tiffany and Kory's daughter Avery's 1ST birthday party and we are so excited for it. It's a costume party so all the kids will be wearing their costumes and it's going to be precious. Also Saturday night is my annual work Halloween party, which usually proves to be fun, crazy and make for rough Sunday morning, (if you know what I mean). And lastly the kids are having their first sleepover at Papa's house, they'll do great, thanks Dad! I'm really hoping Sunday will be spent lounging around the house in or PJ's all day!

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Darn, I really wanted to get Avery in swim lessons when nolan started. Maybe the next cycle we'll go! Can't wait to see ya this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sis. That was really cool that my birthday made your blog. You're so cute!