Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 101 by Norah ....


Get Mommy to cut the top off of the perfect pumpkin :)



Scoop out all of the seeds and pumpkin guts. Separate the seeds for roasting, they're yummy!


Keep baby brother busy chewing on his pumpkin the whole time so he doesn't innterupt us.

Daddy is good at tracing the stencil face on the pumpkin for me.


Concentrate really hard when your using the pumpkin carving tool, it's tricky.

Smile for the camera! My masterpiece is finished!

I've had enough pumpkin fun for the night and I want to go inside! I don't care if my pumpkin face is all happy and glowing, get me my blankie.

He's only happy because they didn't make him go outside in the freezing cold and look at a stupid pumpkin!


Here are our finished products of our 2 night pumpkin carving mission. All we could do the first night(posted above) was help Norah carve her pumpkin. She did a really good job until the very end, where being too tired from no nap that day got the best of her. Nolan was a champ he happily sat in his highchair and watched us all carve the pumpkin. Night 2 was just Casey and I after the kids went to bed. It was a lot of fun spending some quality time just me and him. I carved the pumpkin with fall leaves and the one with the little N for Nolan. Casey carved the elaborate graveyard scene all freehand, no tracing, no stencil or anything. Happy Halloween, a day early.

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Casey is SO Mr. Artist! That pumpkin is amazing! Yours are all really cute too! Lets all hope the secret pumpkin smashers stay away from all of our homes this year...last year our pumpkins ended up in thousands of little pumpkin pieces in our street.... I love that picture of Norah outside. Pretty sure she'll hate that one when she's older...but it's always nice to keep it real!

Have a fantastic Halloween and weekend. I'll call you soon if we decide to drop off Avery for a few hours on Saturday but I have a feeling we might keep her with us!

Cara Grube :) said...

Your pumpkins look so awesome!!! We didn't carve any this year, but if we had, I'm pretty sure mine wouldn't have looked as good as the one Norah did! And what a fun little "date" for you and Casey :) I really need to get more creative in that department!