Sunday, July 18, 2010

Take 2

Seafair
Benaroya Research Institute
Sprint distance triathlon
Completed by me this morning!

This is just after the start of my wave (purple swim caps).

Coming out of the water with a big smile, glad to be onto the bike!

Almost finished with the bike here,
just a few more minutes until the start of the run.

In the transition area just about to start my run, the last task!

Coming across the finish line feels so incredibly good!

I had the best prize waiting for me at the finish line, my babies!

Here is my finishers medal and bib # :)
*****
The morning started bright at early at 430am, I washed my face ate a quick bowl of oatmeal and half a banana and was heading out to load up the car! My wonderful hubby accompanied me to my event today even though he too had to get up at the crack of dawn!

Upon arrival to the race we walked about a 1/2 mile to the start where I set my bike up in the transition area and managed to loose Casey. Then I waited in line for 20 minute to go pee and by the time I was done the announcer was calling for everyone to clear the transition area and head to the water. I found Casey, he wished me luck and got a quick kiss and made my way down to the water.

My wave started 25 minutes after the 1st wave, and it was chilly! It should not be this cold in July!!!! My wave started and I battled 84 other swimmers to get into a position and into a good rhythm. After a few good kicks to the face and shoulders and someone smacking my feet with their hands several times I found my place, and pace and was feeling great!

Once out of the water it was to the transition area to get my clothes, shoes and bike. I started the bike feeling amazing and was doing great until getting on the I-90 bridge! It was WINDY. I completed this same tri last summer and there wasn't one little tiny bit of wind to worry about, I was not prepared for that! I made my way through it and waiting for me at the end of the bike with Casey was my sis and the kids! Yay, they made it!!! It was so nice to see them and just the inspiration I needed to tackle the run and finish the race!

I remembered it from last year but still didn't anticipate how wobbly and tired my legs would feel after getting off the bike and starting the run! It took about a 1/2 mile to work through it but then I once again was feeling great! I came across the finish line to my family cheering me on, how great! Crossing the finish line really does feel amazing! Thanks to my sis who stayed the night at my house and brought the kids up to the race! Norah is going to try it next year, it's gonna be super cute :)

The Numbers
In case anyone is interested....

My official race time : 1:31:35 (4 min better than last year)
My place: 31 out of 85 for my age group
Overall place: 586 out of 1104

1/2 mile swim: 17:21
12 mile bike: 41:20
5K run: 28:58

I am happy

9 comments:

The Marek Family said...

You rock! Nice job!!! :D

tiffany jeanne said...

Congrats on a job VERY well done! I got goosebumps reading this because there isn't a better feeling than pushing yourself that hard and coming across that finish! :)

Rest up and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I miss you at work ALOT!!!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! (and so is Tiffany)! Congrats on an awesome job. -Katy Lee

Carrie said...

I am so inspired by you! You have accomplished so much! This reminds me of a past note asking if I have a family blog, no I don't, but I wish I had so much fun, amazing things going on that you do! You are an amazing woman, with an amazing family! Hugs, Carrie

katy said...

AWESWOME!!! (I would die if I did that...seriously die!)

Anonymous said...

What a great job!! You are absolutely amazing!! -- Jo Foltz

Erin Leigh said...

Oh Beth... this made me tear up and also get goose bumps. You totally rock. Crossing that finish line must have been amazing with all those people you love cheering you on. Way to Go!!!

Beth said...

Thanks everyone all the comments, they mean a lot! I had a lot of fun and am glad I can share my experience!

Kimberly and Brandon said...

Congratulations Beth on a great personal goal and great accomplishment!! And beating your personal best!!