Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I ♥ Maui

Maui rundown.....

The pool and a our view from the Westin grounds,
they are so pretty!

This is the beach just in front of our condo,
we spent A LOT of time here soaking up the sun, and just plain old relaxing.

We snorkeled a lot too. It was amazing to see all the sea life,
literally just a few steps into the ocean.

One morning 5 of us girls got up bright and early(3am!) and head to watch sunrise at Haleakala! It was pretty beautiful, I just wish someone would have told me it was going to be 42 degrees up there. It was CHILLY!!!

Here's all of us girls, minus Jo :(
There were 11 of us from work that made the trip!
11 crazy girls is sure to = a great time.

This is Black rock.
Jessica & I got brave and jumped off this thing.
We weren't quite brave enough to go to the very top, but we got pretty close.

This guy was just plain AMAZING! We snorkeled at Black Rock where we saw this very large sea turtle and 2 of his friends.

Swimming with the sea turtles was definitely one of the neatest experiences I have ever had!

We also spent a day at Makena Beach.
It was really pretty and there were no hotels, buildings, ect
just the beach.

And this beach had much bigger waves than the ones by our condo.
Pretty impressive!

Finally sunset, so pretty.
I actually took this picture while floating in the water ;)

All in all, such a great trip!!!! I still didn't enjoy the plane ride even with Valium on board, but it was bearable! I missed Casey and the kids like crazy, but we where able to video chat via our new iPhone 4's which made being away from them a lot easier. I came home relaxed and refreshed and loving my little fam even more! I also came home to a nice bottle of wine and a clean house, thanks babe for always supporting me!!!!

3 comments:

katy said...

So amazing! Love the pictures but I know you have about a million more hiding on your computer. Glad you had a fun and relaxing time. You deserve it girl! (Oh, and agreed that swimming with turtles is the best thing ever! I love snorkeling!!)

Erin Leigh said...

Oh My this post just made my day! It's gray and rainy here in federal way... and I just can't wait to be there! Thanks for posting pics. I especially loved the sunset!

Kimberly and Brandon said...

Great turtle pictures and of Hawaii! I had a great time in Hawaii with you!! Glad we were able to go this year! Next year?! I hope!