Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maui Bound

In less than 72 hours I will be boarding a plane to one of the most beautiful places around with an amazing group of girls, but even as I am typing this my heart rate is speeding up and a bit of anxiety is creeping over me. I don't really know where this is coming from, I'm NOT an anxious person and I AM really excited and grateful to be going. I do know a few of things though; I WILL have a great time once I am there, I am pretty terrified of the plane ride and am hoping to get some relief from that with either a few Zanax from my doc or a couple shots of vodka prior to boarding the plane ;), I can't wait to be sitting on the beach, relaxing with friends and soaking it all in, and I will MISS my husband and kids more than I am anticipating!

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions, and it's only Tuesday. When Casey got home yesterday he probably wanted to run for the door. I was a MESS, to say the least. He is so great though, and as I was sobbing so hard I could barley talk about nothing really at all, he was exactly the comfort I needed! I LOVE him, and am reassured that I will be leaving my kids with a VERY capable daddy.

Ok, so this post was more just for me to vent a bit, nothing really interesting but nice to get it out! I REALLY am excited to be going, it's my 1st ever trip to Hawaii! My next post will most likely be when I return, and it will be all about how great of a trip it was :)

6 comments:

Mariah Neighbors said...

Have a super amazing time! I'll email you when you get home so we can plan to get together with the kiddos! :)

Erin Leigh said...

Oh honey:) i had similar anxiety when ash and i went last January. I promise it goes away after your complimentary mai tai on the airplane:) and you will miss your littles as they will miss you but that 1st hug and cuddle when you get back will be worth it. Enjoy your vacation, momma! You and all the girls totally deserve it!

Kimberly and Brandon said...

You are amazing...you go months without real sleep...mother, nurse, wife and friends to many!!! No one you needed a day to let your feelings out and regroup! You looked re-energized at work Monday night!!! I am looking forward to Hawaii with you, so glad you are coming!!!!

Kimberly and Brandon said...

um...that was 'NO WONDER you needed a day to let your feelings out and regroup", oops!

Beth said...

Thanks guys!

tiffany jeanne said...

well, i echo your feelings 100%. And I appreciate that you can step aside and blog about it too! This post just goes to show what an amazing woman you are~ a fantastic wife and incredible mother (among other wonderful things too!) You deserve this trip SO much and I promise you will come back energized, relaxed, and even more in love with your lovely life!!

xoxoxoxo

see you in about 36ish hours!