Monday, November 29, 2010

10 years



Saturday was the 10 year anniversary of my Mom's death. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like SO long ago. As I reflected on it over the weekend it's really hard to believe it's been that long and it really makes me sad to think about all the things she's missed and that I have missed out on because she's not here. I do know that she is looking down on me and my family and watching over us. I also know she has made me the mother that I am, because I had the BEST example to follow! I really still think about her every single day.
Several years ago my little sister Sarah got this tattoo in honor of my mom, not only to remember her death but, she also collected angels too. She had over 200 of them! So after wanting the same tattoo for many years, I thought no better time to get it than now. Yesterday was the day, I have these little angel wings and halo in the inside of my left ankle. They are outlined in black, have pale blue and while on the wings and a gold halo. I love them, and I love and miss you Mom!!!!!

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Your tattoo turned out so pretty! I can't imagine what it must be like to not share your life with your mom...all the wonderful things you do/have done, your kids, your marraige... Loved this post and the sweet words your wrote about your mom. She is so proud of you, Beth! I just know it!

Erin Leigh said...

This post made me cry. You are an amazing woman, Beth.