Friday, November 7, 2008

Nolan is sick :(






So I after debating on it for a while I decided to take Nolan to the doctor today, and found out that he has his first ear infection, I'm bummed and feel totally bad for him. He has been really fussy all day and unless I'm holding him, he's crying, this is not at all like him. It started last night when I picked him up from the nursery at the gym and he felt warm, I took his temp when we got home and it was almost 102, I was really surprised because other than being a little crabby he had no symptoms. I gave him some Tylenol and some extra love before bed and thought I'm sure he'll feel better in the morning. Well around 11:30 last night just when I was about to go to bed he woke up crying. He hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in a couple months. I went to him and took his temp again, this time 103! He's never had a fever like this, I was worried but he seemed okay. After about an hour of rocking and a little bottle he was back asleep. He woke up a couple more times throughout the night but only briefly. This morning he woke up and his fever was almost gone. Except now he was really crabby. My brother came over and watched him for me so I could take Norah to gymnastics, while I was on my way there my friend Holly called me and told me she wasn't bringing Alissa her daughter to gymnastics because her son Carson was sick. I called her to inquire about his sickness and she said he had a double ear infection! That was what made me make the decision to take him in. So after his 2nd nap I packed up him and Norah and we went to the doctor. She confirmed an ear infection, and prescribed some antibiotics for him. So I'm hopeful that by this time tomorrow my little man will be feeling better, it breaks my heart to see him in pain and I feel a little guilty for not taking him to the doctor first thing this morning. Above are some pictures of him and Norah from tonight, he's showing off his new standing skills and Norah is playing hide and seek and obstacle course out of the furniture in his room.

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Get well soon little Nolan!

tiffany jeanne said...

Darn ,i hope nolan feels better soon. i love those pictues of norah...you could make a Where's Norah book! :)

Cara Grube :) said...

It just breaks my heart when little ones are sick :( I hope he's feeling much better!