Monday, November 24, 2008

Strep throat and a totaled car?

Is what sums up my really crappy weekend. Friday night I started getting a little bit of a scratchy sore throat, which happens from time to time when I am overly tired. So I went to bed and by the next morning I new it was not my usual sore throat. As the morning went on it got progressively worse quickly and by 1 that afternoon I was leaving the doctor with a diagnosis of strep throat and a prescription for some antibiotics and an anesthetic mouth rinse, good times:( I then called in sick to work for the next two nights and went home to rest and recover.

Later that night after the kids went to bed Casey left to go to a dinner for his bosses 40th birthday. Here's where the totaled car comes in. On his way home he got into an accident on the dark foggy roads of black diamond and he's pretty sure his car is totaled. The insurance adjuster will be looking at it later in the week. Casey is fine, thank God! Just a little sore. So, looks like we'll be car shopping.

Back to my awful strep throat. I have not been this sick in a long long time and it has been rough. I didn't really manage to make it off of the couch much of Saturday or Sunday and by this morning when I still wasn't any better and actually a little worse I drug myself back to the doctor and got a prescription for a steroid and some vicodin. And now as I am writing this post I am finally starting to feel a little bit better. The only good thing about this weekend was that my kids and husband didn't catch this awful bug from me. I hope to not have another weekend like this for a long time.

3 comments:

katy said...

Ugh...sounds awful! I have been cooped up too...with a sick baby, definitely heartbreaking and not fun. Strep is definitely the worst though! Glad hubby is alright! Take care!

Erin Leigh said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I'm glad your kiddos haven't gotten it too. Happy car shopping!

tiffany jeanne said...

Beth, I am so sorry! I was wondering whose car that was in your driveway the other night when I swung by!!! I'm so glad that Casey's ok, and I hope you're on the mend. Talk to you soon!